Wednesday 1 February 2023

Soccerette by Jamiesons'


Name: Soccerette
Year: 1972? 1975?
Company: Jamiesons'

I have not yet seen a Japanese spelling of this game's name.  I currently do not know who brought Soccerette in to Japan, but I assume it was Taito.   This game has not appeared in any catalogs or advertisements that I have seen.

For a long time, the game was front-and-center in this photo from Taito, and I was unable to find a name.

1975 photo from Taito (note: a different source had labelled this photo as 1973...)


Here is another iconic promotional photo of the Jamiesons' company, circa 1972:

[Jamiesons Trade Stand Zagreb Croatia 1972
photo taken from penny-arcade.info (archive)







I found one reference online saying the game was from the 1960s, but I am unsure.  We at least know it was made by 1972.




No comments:

Post a Comment

a foreigners' guide to eremeka arcades - 外国人のためのエレメカアーケードゲームガイド: introduction & main page - 紹介&メインページ

eremeka search tool  // エレメカ検索ツール begin browsing at 1960 / 1960年代から閲覧する begin browsing at 1970 / 1970年代から閲覧する begin browsing at 1980 / 1980...