Thursday, 17 September 2026

2013 Horuka x Toruka - ホルカ×トルカ by セガ (Sega)

Name: Horuka x Toruka - ホルカ×トルカ
Company: セガ (Sega)
Year: 2013


Horuka x Toruka is a medal game where you drop a physical ball from the top of a slanted playfield and into a grid of pins with a monitor behind them.  The game tracks the movement of the ball as it descends.

I wouldn't exactly call this "smart ball" because it lacks any kind of plunger, but I would absolutely play the hell out of this game at a medal parlor if the opportunity arose.

Flyer at the internet archive

2013 Horuka x Toruka - ホルカ×トルカ by セガ (Sega) page 1

2013 Horuka x Toruka - ホルカ×トルカ by セガ (Sega) page 2


 Gameplay from Kodomoyo!


 

While the flyer says "Digital Smart Ball" under the title, this photo shows the machine saying Horuka x Toruka as the English sub-title.  I would normally have added "Digital Smart Ball" to the database entry name, but it does not seem to have made it to the production version.  I will keep an eye out for a flyer or advertisement with the updated marquee.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

a foreigners' guide to eremeka arcades - 外国人のためのエレメカアーケードゲームガイド: introduction & main page - 紹介&メインページ

eremeka search tool  // エレメカ検索ツール begin browsing at the beginning / 最初から閲覧を開始する begin browsing at 1960 / 1960年代から閲覧する begin browsing at 1970...