Monday, 2 December 2024

~1975 Play-Mate - プレイメイト by 新潟ジューク (Niigata Juke)



 

Name: Play-Mate - プレイメイト
Year: ~1975
Company: 新潟ジューク (Niigata Juke)


Play-Mate is a game very similar to Time 80.  It is basically a pachinko machine with a time limit, and if the player hits enough winning pockets it dispenses a prize.

I have no catalogue entries for this game so far, and I have not seen any advertisements within magazines. But this game feels somewhat ubiquitous as it can be seen in many arcade photos.

The earliest dated appearance of a playmate is from 1975, though I suspect it is actually from 1973 or 1974.

1975 特別機動捜査隊 (Special Mobile Investigation Team) ep741

On the blog G16 (archive) the author says that Play-Mate is by コパルマシン (Copal Machine), but I have been unable to find any corroborating evidence. I would not be surprised if this was made by Copal Machine, as they made a number of similar time pachinko games. The last Copal Machine I have documented with the date is from 1973, so there is a definite possibility Copal released these.


Play-Mate - プレイメイト by 新潟ジューク (Niigata Juke)


There are three different art variations that I have seen so far.  The "Cupid" version does not seem to have the lion's head prize dispenser, that iconic piece that copies Time 80.


lion head




The third style of Play-Mate can be seen in this hotel arcade photograph:

via accs2014

these machines have 2 coin slots, and a separate panel that has the prize payout slot.


The coin slots are on the ledge, with the two coin returns in the panel (panel is sadly missing from the above machine)

100 yen and 20 yen coin slots. This is the only version that also has a 100 yen slot.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

a foreigners' guide to eremeka arcades - 外国人のためのエレメカアーケードゲームガイド: introduction & main page - 紹介&メインページ

eremeka search tool  // エレメカ検索ツール begin browsing at the beginning / 最初から閲覧を開始する begin browsing at 1960 / 1960年代から閲覧する begin browsing at 1970...